VARIABLE OPTICAL ATTENUATOR 25E
Based on Silicon On Insulator fabrication techniques, MEMSCAP® offers a large variety of Thermally Actuated Variable Optical Attenuators.
Our devices can be used in applications like:
- Power equalization in multi-channel, optically amplified networks
- Power Balancing Between Amplification Stages)
- Gain-tilt control in erbium doped fiber amplifiers (EDFAs)
- Dynamic Gain/Channel Equalizers (DGE/DCE) in Dense WDM/ Coarse WDM networks
- Dynamic Optical Power Control and Channel Equalization
- Channel Balancing for Optimizing Transmission Performance
- For ROADM power balance
- Photoreceiver trimming
- Receiver protection/switch during transmitter turn-ons
Die level tests on the Thermally Actuated MEMS Variable Optical Attenuator product line confirmed that the MEMS devices operate within all specifications even after 200 millions cycles with all optical, mechanical and electrical properties remaining within their strict initial specifications. The key operating parameters of electrical resistance and power consumption of the units exhibit excellent stability over the full duration of the test.